North Carolina Estate Administration Attorneys
When an individual dies, his or her estate must proceed through probate. The probate process, however, can be complex. It often involves a host of responsibilities — particularly for named executors.
At Nicholls & Crampton, P.A., we have experience handling probate and estate administration. Our attorneys have assisted Raleigh, North Carolina, residents with these and other legal matters for over 40 years.
We understand the emotional stress that occurs when a loved one passes. Handling complex legal matters associated with the death only adds to the strain. Let our experienced lawyers help with the closure involved with the estate.
If you have been assigned as an executor of an estate in North Carolina, we can assist with:
- Validating the will (if created)
- Creating an inventory of the deceased's assets and debts
- Notifying the heirs and beneficiaries
- Distributing assets
- Paying debts
- Handling estate taxes
Probate Litigation Assistance
In some instances, disputes arise during the probate process. We often help beneficiaries with probate concerns relating to:
- Estate mismanagement or misappropriation
- Breach of an executor's fiduciary duty
- Will contests
- Questionable changes to an existing will
- Claims against the estate
We look forward to assisting with your estate administration needs. Contact us by phone at 919-781-1311.